This is amazing game! I love it!
A downloadable game for Windows
well, did the reboot work? can you open that file now?
Pagefault is a puzzle platformer created for the GMC Jam #33. Take somewhat helpful advice from your anonymous system administrator as you work to locate a missing file on your computer. The theme was "turn it off and on again".
About Version 1.3
Version 1.3, released on 7/23, makes a few minor adjustments based on player feedback:
- Updated the "Instructions" window to properly show the matching decimal number for binary values 8 through 15
- Added the location of the memview program's cursor to the minimap
- Changed the wire layout in Level 5 slightly: the first movements possible are now left and right, instead of down only
About Version 1.2
Version 1.2 is a post-Jam build that addresses bugs and gameplay issues reported following the Jam's deadline. The following changes were made since initial submission:
- Changed the layouts of levels 4, 5 and 6:
- Level 4 no longer softlocks.
- Level 5 and 6 had level geometry that obfuscated certain elements; that geometry has been adjusted for better clarity.
- Added extra "WASD to Move" tooltips in levels 1 and 5 to clarify controls.
- Added new tooltips/popups when:
- ... a new icon appears on desktop
- ... trying to open a window with four windows already open
- Adjusted some draw calls:
- Windows no longer have black lines along the bottom
- Edges of adjoining walls of different types now connect properly
- Slight optimizations
- Added indicators on the minimap to show the locations of binary wall values, mark rooms with number panels, and draw lines between panels and their corresponding walls
- Added new sound effects
- Added a new screen on shutdown
Download and unzip the provided archive. Run "gmcjam33_2.exe" inside. File "README_.txt" is a brief readme file.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
- Me a computer student
- Didn't read the documentation/help
- somehow able to open the document
I somehow finish the game by literally brute force the binary mechanism. Even the shut down for quitting the game is nice touch.
No easy, No hard. Good game :D
Thanks for game
I love this game, is a little short, but is funny and bring me back old memories.
This was pretty fun! ^^b The binary spin on things was executed perfectly.Ended a bit faster than I expected, But I have experience with binary stuff, so I guess that's an unfair advantage x3I only got stuck when I forgot about the networking tools, lol.
Amazing game man.Reminds me a lot of windows 95 :)
No wonder why it took 1st place in GMC jam
Watch this If you need walkthrough
Unique in own style terribly interesting game. I think it's too generous to give it away for free
i honestly don't get the binary puzzles work, i know how binary is, but what do those buttons do?
This game. i am not going to lie it was really fun to play it really was. i was lost at some parts but i think i know why. i hope you enjoy my lets play of your great game
that some really nice little game there :-)
Rather Impressive, haven't finished it yet, but truly great!
reminds me of windows 98
Thank you TehPilot. Very cool.